The Energy Efficiency Alliance is hiring!
The Energy Efficiency Alliance is hiring a Director of Legislative Affairs to develop and execute a strategy to advance policy that will expand the energy efficiency market in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
The Energy Efficiency Alliance is soliciting applications for a full-time Director of Legislative Affairs.
The Director of Legislative Affairs is responsible for developing and executing a strategy to advance policy that will expand the energy efficiency market in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The role will require working on-the-ground with business and non-profit partners, as well as cultivating relationships with key state decisionmakers and elected officials. Additionally, the Director will work directly with KEEA and EEA-NJ member companies to educate them about policy developments and represent their interests in KEEA and EEA-NJ’s advocacy.
- Track and review legislative developments that impact energy efficiency in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Develop an ambitious policy agenda and strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors’ Policy Committee.
- Write fact sheets, policy memos, and legislative text to advance the organizations’ policy agenda.
- Build and maintain relationships with legislators, local elected officials, and their staff.
- Play a leadership role in coalition with business groups and associations, environmental organizations, low-income and energy equity advocates, and other aligned interests.
- Provide regular updates, legislative summaries, and responses to inquiries from member companies and board of directors.
- Organize strategic events, including legislative briefings, lobby days, and in-district events.
- Work with entire EEA team on fundraising priorities, administrative responsibilities, membership growth and development, and annual conference planning
- Frequent travel to Harrisburg, Trenton, and other PA and NJ cities is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience preferred in energy policy work and/or advocacy
- Proven track record in policy advancement
- Experience lobbying
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong ability to communicate complex policy issues to a range of audiences
- Experience working in coalition with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in and knowledge of the energy efficiency field preferred
- Ability to work within a dispersed team and maintain a professional remote workspace
EEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.